This recipe calls on cashews for its deliciously creamy taste and texture! Now back to them carrots!
Carrots are so widely known, therefore commonly eaten, yet do we really appreciate their excellent nutritional value?
Regular intake of these, and other carotenoid packed beauties, are linked with an up to 50% decrease in cancers of the lung, bladder, prostate, and colon.
Yes, I’m dangling the proverbial carrot.
Maybe you’re simply after a delicious family meal that’ll satisfy even the fussiest of eaters. It’s right here!
- 4 cups chopped carrot
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 Tablespoons organic soy sauce, tamari or liquid aminos
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ cup chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large, high pot combine carrot, onion and water
- Cover and bring to the boil, then turn down heat and simmer until a knife can slide through a piece of carrot
- Place cooked vegetables, cooking liquid, cashews, soy sauce and curry powder into a blender and blend until creamy
- Serve hot and garnish with parsley and salt to taste.